Friday, March 27, 2009

The elephant in the room


Scan10840
Originally uploaded by bucklesw1
So, perhaps you already know this, but my husband has just accepted a professorship at Oakland University in Michigan and we're both really thrilled. Haven't said anything about it here, as it presents, in full light, the crisis which I've swept under the rug for too long now.

I must rename the blog.

If you've been here a while, you may remember from this post that I've moved quite a bit. This move to Michigan *may* just signal a pause in our vagabond life! That said, I can think of no clever names that surround Michigan, nor would they make sense at this point since as of yet I know little about my new environs.

Hmmmm.....

Blog name aside, I'm looking forward to the move. I love New York very much, but it can be difficult sometimes. I feel like I'm always working (namely because I am) between the day job, teaching, singing, auditioning, photography... I had one full day off in February. That was really nice...

Michigan means that I can freelance more, and invest time in my career-- I can fly to NYC and take lessons (which are going really well right now! I am encouraged!) and auditions and such. We are a 10.5 hour drive from New York, so I can be here easily with 24 hours notice. I will do a lot more photography. and knitting. and cooking. I cannot wait!

I think we should get a puppy. Drake says that we should wait because if we get a puppy we'll never make new friends because we'll never want to leave the house. True, but wouldn't new friends want to spend time with our cute puppy?

2 comments:

Cameron said...

"Drake says that we should wait because if we get a puppy we'll never make new friends because we'll never want to leave the house."

Nah. You'll go to the dog park and make friends. Dogs make friends really easily.

kplus00 said...

Agreed!!!!