Friday, June 5, 2009

Would a cake make it to Colorado?


Chess set Cake
Originally uploaded by Rieckie
It is Drake's birthday tomorrow, and I sent him a package full of birthday delights (which I can't name here since it's not his birthday yet!)

It astounds me that I can drop a box off in SoHo at 8:00 in the evening and it will reach him by 10:30 the next morning. How can this be? and furthermore, can I go too? I don't want to send him a box of presents, I want to GO THERE! and bake a delicious cake that aspires to look like this one that I found on Rieckie's Flickr photostream...

Happy birthday, old man! I hope that you're enjoying the dwindling days of your youth.

1 comment:

currychick said...

I once spent $116 sending a pie to my dad for his birthday. It can be done, but only at extreme cost. Happy birthday, Drake!