Thursday, May 14, 2009

I am told that, with a little practice, one can remember all that goes on or that one hears said during a day.


Mourning dress, Winter 1811
Originally uploaded by peacay
"I do not suppose there will be much of interest to other people, but it is not intended for them. I may show it to Jonathan some day if there is in it anything worth sharing, but it is really an exercise book. I shall try to do what I see lady journalists do, interviewing and writing descriptions and trying to remember conversations. I am told that, with a little practice, one can remember all that goes on or that one hears said during a day."

from Bram Stoker's Dracula Chapter 5. Letter from Miss Mina Murray to Miss Lucy Westenra. 9 May
via Dracula Feed where I am currently reading Bram Stoker's Dracula in real time.
awesome.

No comments: